How stable is jffs2 summarize option?

Thorsten Mühlfelder muehlfelder at enertex.de
Tue Jun 1 06:07:41 EDT 2010

Am Tuesday 01 June 2010 11:50:06 schrieb Joakim Tjernlund:
> > On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 11:26 +0200, Thorsten Mühlfelder wrote:
> > > and what do you think about switching to yaffs2? I know it is developed
> > > elsewhere, but it seems to be a good alternative to jffs2+summary and
> > > probably switching is easier than to ubifs.
> >
> > Why would you think that switching to something that isn't part of the
> > Linux kernel would be easier than switching to ubifs? That seems... odd.
>
> Yes, if ubifs doesn't fit, perhaps have a look at the recently added
> logfs?
>
>     Jocke
>
> BTW, I once tried JFFS2 summary and it didn't make much of a difference for
> us.

JFFS2 summary has reduced the mount time of my 500 MB root partition from
around 50 seconds to 10 seconds.

yaffs2 has a mount time of ~3 seconds and it seems it has faster read access
because whole boot time is reduced by ~30 seconds (compared to jffs2
summary).

I did not try ubifs yet.

AFAIK LogFS is still experimental?