ubi_bgt0d: page allocation failure. order:8, mode:0xd0

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 00:19:08 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 15:30 -0500, Eric Millbrandt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have an embedded system that is running on a ubifs root filesystem
> which is dropping into read-only mode.  After a read of the mtd FAQ I
> found out that the filesystem has an unexpected error and that I
> should contact this list.  What could be causing this error?

You did not provide full output. But from what I see you have a bad
blocks. UBI recovers data, which is fine. But you have suspiciously too
many of them. May be this is a norm in MLC...

The ultimate failure is because MTD cannot allocate RAM. MTD should not
dynamically allocate order 8 buffer, that would need to be fixed. You'd
need to hack that function and make it allocate an array of pages, not
an 256KiB at once. Indeed, memory fragmentation quickly leads inability
to find 256KiB of physically continuous RAM.

> I am running the following
>
> - Freescale MPC5200B
> - Micron MLC NAND flash

And I assume you read this: