Faster flash_eraseall for NOR flash

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe at zylin.com
Wed Dec 29 03:25:19 EST 2010

I don't think this feature is going to work very well as-is.

To make this effective in real life, I think I'll have to add in an
option to read in a binary file, which is written to flash after
erase.

Only those erase blocks which changed should be
erased + written.

The cleanmarkers would be written for erase blocks after
the end of the binary file.

This fixes two things: even faster for blocks that don't change,
if the cleanmarker is not supposed to be there for certain
blocks, then it will currently fail.

--
Øyvind Harboe

Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?

US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 87 40 27

http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html
ARM7 ARM9 ARM11 XScale Cortex
JTAG debugger and flash programmer