UBIFS oops after remount ro

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 22:35:34 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 18:02 +0100, Wolfgang Wegner wrote:
> Hi Artem,
>
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 06:45:57PM +0200, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> >
> > I cannot judge for sure, but this looks like non-UBIFS issue in 2.6.32,
> > so merging the stable 2.6.32.X tree can help. I make sense in general to
> > merge stable tree as well.
>
> the problem is I still have some "marvell" tree
> (from git.marvell.com/orion.git) and am not sure if there is anything
> special in it.

Mostly vendors change drivers and board files. They usually do not touch
core functionality. So you can try to merge 2.6.32

> Would the "stock" 2.6.35.x from
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
> be an option in your opinion, too? I seem to remember the marvell tree
> was completely merged in between (right now digging through the commits
> to make it clear), so I could get an all shiny, new kernel when having
> to do any kind of merge at all...

Probably 2.6.35 would be good.

Anyway, the problem is that I do not really have time to drive you
through debugging of your issue. I only have time to get "big" results
from you and provide some help in form of my opinion :-(

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)