Unable to get MTD info

Rahanesh rahanesh at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Sep 16 09:34:12 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to use fw_printenv and fw_setenv . These commands will help
me to set an uboot environment variable.

I have compiled the code and fw_printenv executable is formed.

On Executing it i got an error

Cannot get MTD information : Inappropriate ioctl for device

what might be the issue? Have any one used this?

The contents of config file are shown below...

# MTD device name   Device offset   Env. size   Flash sector size
 /dev/mtd0                        0x0000      0x1000      0x10000

Any idea?

Thanks
Rahanesh