No subject

Fri Nov 6 13:01:15 EST 2009

I can also understand why there is a GC trigger here. GC is an optimization, and as such it should be triggered often enough for it do do the work.

But, why is this jffs_erase_pending_blocks in there?

In NOR case, after having rm'ed a large file, there are possibly a load of blocks on the pending list. The effect I notice is the same as Joakim noticed: after the rm, the system blocks for a while. Depending on the size of the file, this "while" might be rather long. I measured up to 30 seconds, which wreaks havoc with the innards of our userland software. And no, I can't change this by altering the process priority.

So, can you please enlighten me? What's the advantage of having the pending list erased in write_super? Can I possibly remove it without experiencing other problems?