can UBIFS be NFS exported

Norbert van Bolhuis nvbolhuis at aimvalley.nl
Fri Nov 6 07:57:36 EST 2009

Tadimarri Sarath Babu wrote:
> [...]

I'm talking about the kernel nfsd ability to export UBIFS.
This would allow remote systems to NFS mount a UBIFS directory.

for this UBIFS should implement what's described in
Documentation/filesystems/Exporting. I don't see it for UBIFS.

For JFFS2 for example I see a jffs2_export_ops in fs/jffs2/super.c.

A user-space NFS server (e.g. unfs3) could probably export UBIFS.

In your case I think you're not exporting UBIFS but just use NFS for
your rootfs.