[patch 01/14] mtd: Flex-OneNAND support

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Mon May 25 07:41:58 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 16:22 +0530, apgmoorthy wrote:
> On Sat May 23 05:35:19 EDT 2009 dedekind at infradead.org wrote :
>
> >I get the following warning when compile this:
>
> >drivers/mtd/onenand/onenand_base.c:3263: warning: 'flexonenand_setup'
> >defined but not used
>
> I tried on the MTD Git  and have seen the warning as you mentioned.
> '#ifndef MODULE' around the function 'flexonenand_setup' should help to get away with that warning.
> We will post a patch.
>
> Against which Fork , the patch should be ?

Dunno. Probably 2.6.30-rc7? Also, I think the loooong printk's
lines in the patch are ugly. If you could make them nicer,
it'd be cool. But whole MTD is full of printk's like this, so
I did not complain about that.

I wanted to take your patch to my l2-mtd-2.6.git tree, and then
ping dwmw2 to pull from it. But because of the warning and
these ugly printk's I decided that I will rather not do this
so far.

Also, I'm not sure about #ifndef MODULE. AFAIK, the whole
'__setup()' thing is not supposed to be used in drivers.
But I'm not sure. I'll leave this for Andrew to comment on :-)

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)