ubifs version 1 compatibility

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Mar 26 01:15:08 EDT 2009

Hi Artem and all,

I'm upgrading my embedded system which uses UBIFS from 2.6.24 (with a
slightly updated ubifs) to 2.6.29.

I notice that the new kernel won't read my existing file systems as it
says they are too old - version 1. The code checks for version 3 or 4 I
see.

My application firmware is generated with mkfs.ubifs and programmed via
ubiupdatevol, but the boot loader on my devices is based on the older
kernel and won't be able to read it. And I have read-write file systems
that will be formatted with the old version too.

Is there any solution?

thanks
Hamish