NAND and JFFS2 newbie question

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Wed Jan 28 08:19:04 EST 2009

Nils Faerber wrote:

>> I am wanting to create a JFFS2 partition on the device. The partition is created using:
>>
>> mkfs.jffs2 -s 2 -e 128 -c 12 -o fs.jffs2 -r jffs2_fs
>
> I guess one of the problems will be that the sizes you specified are way
> too small. Fomr the man-page of mkfs.jffs2:
> "Options that take SIZE arguments can be specified as either decimal
> (e.g., 65536), octal (0200000), or hexidecimal (0x1000)"

The man page seemed to imply that values under 4096 would be treated as KiB so -e 128
should be correct. However the page size looks like it doesn't do that and so it should be
set to 2048.

As an aside do I need to specify the -c option or is it not needed? If it is needed is 12
the correct size for the clean marker?

Thanks,

Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA