UBIFS volume corruption (bad node at LEB 0:0)

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Jan 14 11:17:34 EST 2009

Hi,

I've just upgraded few of my tests to do re-mount testing, and
remounting works fine - I couldn't find any problem.

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 23:13 -0500, David Bergeron wrote:
> I've cooked up a minimalist test trying to eliminate possible
> interference.
> The following steps will trigger the corruption almost every time. No
> errors
> or warnings are produced during this procedure, every step behaves as
> expected:
>
> boot kernel ubi.mtd=0 root=ubi0:rootfs rootfstype=ubifs ro init=/bin/
> bash
>
> # mount -t proc none /proc
> # ifconfig ...
> # mount -o remount,rw,sync /
> # rsync -aHxvi --delete ... /
> # mount -o remount,ro /
> # reboot -d -f

I wonder what does -d option mean. Could you please try to play with
things like:

1. Try to remove the "sync" parameter of "mount -o remount,rw,sync".
BTW, -o sync makes your rsync work much slower than if you had async
mount and call sync after rsync is done.
2. Try to avoid re-mounting the fs into RO mode, but just call "sync".
3. When you reboot, I guess your boot scripts try to mount the FS in R/O
mode first. Try to tweak them and mount the FS read-write for the first
time.

Please, see what happens, may be this will give us some clue.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)