jffs2: Too few erase blocks (1)

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Mon Feb 9 11:32:37 EST 2009

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Dzuy Nguyen wrote:

> Thanks, Ricard.  I didn't realize that jffs2 is not suitable for a small
> partition.  Yes,
> 64K is all I can afford.  I suppose I can dd the file, but doesn't that
> provide no wear
> leveling feature that jffs2 does?

No. But with one eraseblock you can't get much wear levelling anyway.

It might not be too difficult to write an application that appends
new data to existing data to the partition, erasing the whole block when
it fills up and write the latest. Then you need something that will search
for the latest version of the file. Something that jffs2 does, but on a
smaller scale, acceptable for your application.

/Ricard