Request for review: NandFS

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Fri Feb 6 02:50:32 EST 2009

Corentin Chary wrote:
> Hi,
> Here is NandFS, a NAND Flash Filesystem.
> NandFS is similar to YAFFS2 (in some ways), but the codebase is much more
> cleaner and simpler. And we'll try to go mainline.
>
> Development started at Adeneo (http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/srt/en/home) in
> 2007. After a long pause, I re-started to clean the code in october 2008.
>
> With the new UBIFS, we might think than there is no room for another flash
> filesystem. But another GPLed filesystem can't hurt anyone. Some of us may
> have heard some words about UFFS, but this project is in no way related to
> NandFS.
>
> *IMPORTANT*: NandFS is under active development, and can't be considered safe
> or stable !

Probably you have a very good motivation to do work from
scratch, but what is sad that instead of joining us and
improving UBI/UBIFS stack, you spend your time creating new
file-system.

Almost nobody is interested in new unscalable solutions, and
you really waste your time, because we already have 3 of them,
at least.

There are so many things to improve in UBI/UBIFS, and there
is a possibility to create a scalable UBI2. You may do a lot
of exciting things in the area, instead.

Please, think about joining us instead :-)

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Артём Битюцкий)