Unale to get MTD device info

Rahanesh rahanesh at tataelxsi.co.in
Mon Aug 24 03:05:42 EDT 2009

Hi Radha Mohan ,

Thanks a lot for responding.

I have few doubts regarding your reply.

In the /dev/ partition of Linux i cannot see any mtd char device. Only
mtdblock is there.

Can i convert the block devices to character devices? if so how?

Is it possible for me to erase mtdblock0 and copy to mtdblock0 using any
other utilities?

I am a newbie to all this. Please give your valuable suggestions

Thanks
Rahanesh