UBINIZE and UBIFS

Jacky Lam jackylam at gsl.com.hk
Mon Aug 17 23:08:58 EDT 2009

Dear all,

	I have a problem of embedding a UBIFS image by ubinize. Here is the
config file I am using:
[rootfs]
mode=ubi
image=rfs.bin
vol_id=0
vol_size=10485760
vol_type=dynamic
vol_name=rootfs

[areatest]
mode=ubi
image=test.bin
vol_id=1
vol_size=15728640
vol_type=dynamic
vol_name=areatest

[areauser]
mode=ubi
image=areauser.bin
vol_id=2
vol_size=47185920
vol_type=dynamic
vol_name=areauser

	areauser.bin is created by:

	mkubifs -v -g 1 -r areauser -o areauser.bin -m 4096 -e 516096 -c 92 -x none

	The final image is created by:

	ubinize -o final.raw.2 -m 4096 -p 512KiB ubinize_all.cfg

	After burning the raw image to nand flash, everything works fine and
ubifs can be mount successfully. All the files are readable. But after I
unmount the ubifs and want to mount again. The following error is happened:
<Many ECC errors reported>
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 while reading 516096 bytes from PEB
55:8192, read 516096 bytes
UBIFS error (pid 42): ubifs_scan: corrupt empty space at LEB 1:4691
UBIFS error (pid 42): ubifs_scanned_corruption: corrupted data at LEB 1:4691
UBIFS error (pid 42): ubifs_scanned_corruption: first 4096 bytes from
LEB 1:4691
UBIFS error (pid 42): ubifs_scan: LEB 1 scanning failed
<Many ECC errors reported>
UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 while reading 516096 bytes from PEB
55:8192, read 516096 bytes
UBIFS error (pid 42): ubifs_recover_master_node: failed to recover
master node
mount: mounting ubi0:areauser on /mnt/areauser failed: Invalid argument

	However, if I runtime update the areauser.bin by ubiupdatevol, there is
no such problem.

	I have no cue on this, could anyone give me some suggestion?

	Thanks.

BR,
Jacky

Disclaimer: This email and attachments are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not pursue, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message, whether in whole or in part. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by email or telephone us at (852) 2832 8228 and delete this message from your system. We do not represent that this email may not be interfered with, may not contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other system.