jffs2 filesystem/flash data integrity

Manoj manoj23 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 22:30:36 EDT 2009

Hi David,

When I set 'CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=1', the problem goes away :-(.  With
that flag set to 0, I occasionally see
"JFFS2 notice: (133) jffs2_get_inode_nodes: Node header CRC failed at
xxxx" messages. Should I worry about it?

When I make a copy of the file, does it get written to the flash right
away or does the write happen later? I am doing a "sync" after the
"cp" command. An interesting thing to note is that the 0s can appear
in both original and the copied file.

As a separate test, I write 3MB of data and read it back with
mtd_debug utility; the compare passes.

Thanks.