[RFC/PATCH 8/8] LPDDR extended physmap driver to support LPDDR flash.

Alexey Korolev akorolev at infradead.org
Fri Oct 17 13:43:14 EDT 2008

Hi,
> > IMHO it's fine if physmap gets additional options, but those extra
> > options should be configured via platform data, and not via the legacy
> > CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_xxx kernel config options.
>
> How?  Maybe I don't understand what you mean by platform data...

It is possible to setup flash physmap parameters in platform driver. In
the case of MainstoneII you just need to specify physmap flash data in mainstone.c
like this.

static struct physmap_flash_data mst_flash_data = {
	.width = 2,
	.pfow_base = 0x0,
};

static struct resource flash_resources = {
	.start	= PXA_CS0_PHYS,
	.end	= PXA_CS0_PHYS + SZ_128M - 1,
	.flags	= IORESOURCE_MEM,
};

static struct platform_device mst_flash_device = {
	.name		= "physmap-flash",
	.id		= 0,
	.dev = {
		.platform_data = &mst_flash_data,