mtd-utils: fec.c uses bcopy()

Mitch Davis mjd-linux-mtd at afork.com
Wed Oct 8 02:06:07 EDT 2008

Hi Mike,

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier.adi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 00:56, Mitch Davis wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>>> use `git diff` to generate a diff instead of posting the entire file
>>> as an attachment.
>>
> sorry, my mistake
>
>>> really you should use git to send the patch
>>
>> Do you mean a git push?
>
> no.  use the send-email function.  read `man git-send-email` for more info.

 - Who is best told about the broken git info links on the MTD git web page?

 - This process of submitting stuff with git-send-email is not
documented on the MTD page, but newbies should use it anyway.  Can I
suggest the howto on the MTD page be updated to avoid people like me
getting it wrong?
 - On my machine (Fedora 9) git-send-email is part of the git-email
package, not standard git.  Others may benefit from knowing this if
it's part of that updated page.

And finally:

 - I've sent my diff twice already.  Can you have a look at it and
comment please? :-)

Thanks heaps,

Mitch.