Writing to NAND using DMA

Gaurav Singh gausinghnsit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 06:19:58 EST 2008

I am working on an ST Nomadik board with ST 1 GB NAND chip. Have
written a board specific driver and trying to use DMA and JFFS2
filesystem to write data to the NAND .

I have allocated a nand_buffer structure using dma_alloc_coherent and
am using this buffer for reading data.

In case of write however I see that the JFFS2 filesystem has allocated
a wbuf for writing (using kmalloc). Now I have an option of copying
this buffer into a dma able buffer of my own but I feel there should
be a better solution.

What is your view ? Should JFFS2 provide a dma able buffer to write a
NAND page ?