ubifs image file confusion!

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Tue May 13 05:44:21 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 12:20 +0800, Nancy wrote:
>        ubifs.img (generated by mkfs.ubifs) do contained unmapped LEBs.

This statement does not make sense. Mapped/unmapped is UBI notion, not
UBIFS.

>        #ubiupdatevol /dev/ubi0_0 ubifs.img   also write the unmapped
> LEBs to Nand flash.
It does not write them, but it creates them if the image size is less
then amount of space on the volume. What else do you expect?

>        Oh, There should have the same problem like I use nandwrite to
> write UBI image to Nand. But the practice tells everything is OK.

No, ubiupdatevol handles 0xFFs just fine.

> Example 2 shows
>        ubiupdatevol: error!: specify UBI device name and image file
> name as first 2 par
> ameters (use -h for help)
>        but
>        #ubiupdatevol /dev/ubi0_0 ubifs.img -t
>        instead, even the function do not need an input image file

Fixed, thanks for report.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)