New thread [BUG] JFFS2 usage of write_begin and write_end functions causes kernel panic

James jamessteward at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 11 20:01:16 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 23:41 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Just type it.
> http://git.infradead.org/mtd-2.6.git?a=commitdiff;h=abe2f4143

It seems better.  I still get bucket loads of;

mtd->read(0x62c bytes from 0x3204608) returned ECC error

and the occasional;

Data CRC failed on REF_PRISTINE data node at 0x0331540c: Read
0x503a4071, calculated 0x52c053a8

but no more kernel oops, which makes me much happier.

Any ideas on the above two mentioned warnings?  Are they the result of
unclean NAND oob data, or kernel bugs, or something else?

Regards,
James.