nand flash's size overflow

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Tue May 6 18:07:16 EDT 2008

> > Hi,all
> >    is there an official way to solve this problem?
>
> Provide patches to convert the MTD subsystem to overcome the limit of
> using a 32bit variable to store size/offset in a sane manner.
>
> This is getting asked often enough that it should be an FAQ.
>
> josh

Josh,

I was the first one to raise this issue a couple of months ago, and
fortunately I've finally convinced my company that all the hack jobs we
kept coming up with to avoid fixing this were a waste of time.  Once I
wrap up some work I've got in progress I'm going to start working on a
solution.  Hopefully get started in about a week.  Stand by for questions
;-).

Bruce