Old code question

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Tue Mar 25 11:24:26 EDT 2008

Ok, so this is old code, but perhaps someone can explain nevertheless ...

In the mtd used in Linux 2.6.16, mtd/nand/nand_ecc:nand_correct_data()
used to be able to return -1, 0, 1 or 2, with -1 meaning 'uncorrectable or
other error', 0 meaning 'no errors' and 1 meaning '1 error corrected'. But
what did 2 mean?

(Yes, we should and could upgrade to the latest version; we still want to
figure out what's going on as there's a bug elsewhere in our design and we
want to make sure we've fixed it).

/Ricard