M-Systems (Sandisk) mDOC MD2534 on ARM/Xscale

Jeff Sutherland jeffs at fomsystems.com
Fri Mar 14 21:54:05 EDT 2008

I take it this part hasn't been used much on Xscale since there don't appear
to be any Xscale specific settings for it in drivers/mtd/nand/diskonchip.c in
the most recent mainline kernels.  How are these devices to work with?  From
looking at various driver bits in drivers/mtd/nand seems like all I have to
do is set a base address for the chip and plumb up the BUSY# line with a
callback, in addition to the usual things needed for regular NAND chips.

BTW yes I've advised the customer that these devices are not recommended for
new designs and am trying to steer them towards ordinary bare nand flash
chips.

Regards,
-Jeff