MLC nand flash ECC on Samsung S3C2412/S3C2413 based board

hero sun armhero at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 23:59:25 EST 2008

Hi all,

I am working on a Samsung S3C2413 based board. According the manual, I
wrote a test code for this CPU. But it seems the cpu can't product the
proper ECC code for the MLC flash. My flash type is Samsung K9G8G08,
8GBits Nand, 4bits for each cell.

The CPU manual on my hand is <<S3C2413X 32-BIT RISC MICROPROCESSOR
USER'S MANUAL>> Revision 1.06, I have compared some code fragment
provided by Samsung and this manual's description, there is some
difference (NFCONFregister bit 30, e.g), is there more later version?

B.R.

armhero