MTD and jffs2 mount problem on Linux-2.6.23 rc2

Dach Miroslaw miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Wed Mar 5 03:24:18 EST 2008

Hi Grant,

Thanks for your hints. As regards the endianness. I have tried both little and big endian options.
In my case only Big endian (native for ppc405) is accepted. There is however the CRC calculation mismatch
between the calculated one (by the kernel) during mounting the jffs2 and that one which is calculated by mkfs.jffs2.

I am however not sure that the Flash memory access in my case is fine for all modes A8 A16 A32.
I have got than idea to test jffs2 image stored somehow in RAM instead of Flash to test if jffs2 image generated by mkfs.jffs2 is consistent from kernel 2.6.23 point of view.

this what I have tried was:

losetup /dev/loop0 img2.jffs2
mount -t jffs2 /dev/loop0 /mnt

unfortunately mount did not work.

Maybe it is possible somehow to use RAMDISK to emulate the Flash to mount jffs2 image?

Best Regards

M.