[BUG] JFFS2 power loss recovery issues on NAND

Jörn Engel joern at logfs.org
Tue Jun 17 12:57:18 EDT 2008

On Tue, 17 June 2008 17:00:42 +0100, Alexey Korolev wrote:

> Declare bug as a feature could be not so good. But the issue is rare. I think if we got some time we will fix it in the described way.

[ You really should switch to a decent mailer that e.g. breaks lines
  before column 136. ;) ]

For 'normal' filesystems, this bug is solved in __sync_single_inode by
writing out pages first and the inode later.  Works well enough for
ext[23] at least.

So I agree, JffS2 should behave at least as well.

Jörn

--
Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability.
-- Edsger W. Dijkstra