NAND and vfat

Alaor Koppe alakoppe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 15:51:27 EDT 2008

I created by dd command, after that, I used fdisk to format as VFAT,
directly on board. Maybe I had used in a wrong way "dd" command, but I
don't know.

on LPC board I did:

# mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt
# dd bs=1M count=10 if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/vfat.img
# fdisk /mnt/vfat.img

When I use fdisk, I enter on expert mode and set the sectors, heads
and cylinders, but after I close with write command, when I enter
again, these information aren't as I set. So, when I use the mount
command with vfat option to loopback file, I get the error specified.

Any idea?

Thanks...

Alaor

--