Node CRC failures in latest mainline git?

David Brown mtd at davidb.org
Thu Jul 31 00:56:24 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:25:07PM -0500, Bill Gatliff wrote:

>Were I more competent with git, I would figure out how to bisect down to the
>patch that caused the problem.  That's still a bit out of my skillset at the
>moment, unfortunately--- I've done bisects successfully in the past, but for
>some reason I just can't get git to play along this time...

I just recently asked a question on the git mailing list, and Linus replied
with these instructions for bisecting through a merge.  Basically, you
create a temporary branch where you flatten the merge, using rebase, and
then bisect that.

   # create a test-branch with the 'remote' side of the merge
   git checkout -b test-branch merge^2

   # rebase that remote side on top of the local side
   git rebase merge^

Haven't actually needed to try it, but let me know if it doesn't work, and
I'll figure out the proper incantation.

David Brown