pcimciamtd usage

SR malternate at westnet.com.au
Mon Jul 7 13:24:26 EDT 2008

Hello
I have a  16 bit 4MByte PCMCIA linear flash (type 2) card I want to use
with a 2.6.25.7 vanilla kernel. I understand that the pcmciamtd driver
is what I need to get raw mode access to it. However, I cannot find any
option in menuconfig to enable  compilation of the pcmciamtd module. The
pcmciamtd.c is there in the source but the pcmciamtd module is not
produced. I thought the relevant sections in menuconfig to enable this
would be found in

User Modules And Translation Layers
RAM/ROM/Flash chip drivers
 Mapping drivers for chip access
Self-contained MTD device drivers

My questions are

Is the PCMCIAMTD module what I need for this?
How do I enable production of this module?

regards

M Merewether