Global changelogs about

Schlägl Manfred jun. manfred.schlaegl at gmx.at
Fri Feb 29 04:19:48 EST 2008

Am Freitag, den 29.02.2008, 09:57 +0100 schrieb Jörn Engel:
> On Fri, 29 February 2008 09:42:57 +0100, Schlägl Manfred jun. wrote:
> >
> > My request wasn't meant like that. I don't wanted to affront the people
> > here. I just wanted to know, if such a list of critical bugs or problems
> > exist for the last few years. Don't you think such a list would be
> > useful for people who want to get in mtd(+nand) using and development?
> >
> >  If such a list not exist i'll create it by my self and make it public
> > to you and the others. I know: It's MY work to do, I just not wanted to
> > do work twice.
>
> No such list exists, afaik.
Thank you. Thats what i wanted to know.

>  Generally people tend to either use the
> latest kernels or backport drivers/mtd/ and fs/jffs2/ along with any
> dependencies to their respective kernels.
>
> > Again, I'm sorry .. I hope, you understand the reason of my request.
>
> No worries.  This lists gets a fair share of both "my kernel is five
> years old, but I want all bugfixes and performance improvements from the
> newest code" and "can you provide free consulting".  Neither is greeted
> with much enthusiasm and your mail appeared to match both.
First of all: I'm not a leecher. I don't subscribed to this list to get
free support from you. That my first post was such a question was more
or less by chance.

Back to the list: I don't wanted this bug-list to build a 2.6.12 with
newest code.. I wanted this list to get an black on white impression of
the firmness of mtd over time. To see if there were some critical bugs
solved in near past. To see some statistical issues. If you think, such
an approach is stupid, it's your oppinion and i'll respect it, if you
give me some reasons..
Again: My interrest does not belong to solve only my current issues.. I
just wanted to get an impression of mtd over time.

> Jörn

respects
	Manfred