Mark OneNAND bad block good again?

Kyungmin Park kmpark at infradead.org
Wed Feb 20 19:51:04 EST 2008

Hi,

As I know, there's no tool to mark some block bad or vice versa.

It uses only development time.
Yes, it's not normal way. You SHOULD do this your own risk.

If you know the initial bad blocks, runtime bad blocks, erase all with skipping BBT. Or
Erase wanted block only.

Modify onenand_erase().

#if 0
		/* Check if we have a bad block, we do not erase bad blocks */
                if (onenand_block_isbad_nolock(mtd, addr, 0)) {
                        printk (KERN_WARNING "onenand_erase: attempt to erase a bad block at addr 0x%08x\n", (unsigned int) addr);
                        instr->state = MTD_ERASE_FAILED;
                        goto erase_exit;
                }
#endif

And call onenand_erase() after onenand_probe() at your module.
e.g., If you want to erase n block
struct erase_info instr = {
	.addr = n << mtd->erasesize,
	.len = mtd->erasesize,