ubifs: can't mount ubifs as rootfs

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Feb 20 10:10:27 EST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 23:00 +0800, Nancy wrote:
> Dear all,
>         As you can see at last, ubifs can't mount ubifs as rootfs,
> why? How can I make it right?
>         same kernel image, just different kernel command line.

I think you do not have this patch:

http://git.infradead.org/?p=users/dedekind/ubifs-v2.6.22.git;a=commitdiff;h=9c04728f3cb585f1e0b3df4f0ae2aec1bf73e392;hp=aad43553d81d1b79f64cde3c81b71bfc3036d098

You probably use old UBIFS. Keep in mind, it is constantly developed so
you should always try the latest one if you have problems.

There are 2.6.22, 2.6.23, and 2.6.24 ubifs backports BTW,
see http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_source

AFAIR you use 2.6.22, so here it is:

git://git.infradead.org/~dedekind/ubifs-v2.6.22.git

Just download it - it has all the need patches. But I encourage you to
use the lates development tree.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)