JFFS2 as rootfs on DataFlash

trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it
Tue Feb 19 10:38:21 EST 2008

Quoting Mangesh Edake <m_edake at yahoo.com>:
Hi,
> Hello all,
>
> I am using atmel dataflash (AT45DB321D) to store the
> jffs2 image which is a rootfs. I am downloading the
> image to SDRAM and then writing this image to
> dataflash using uboot copy (cp) command like this,
> u-boot# cp 21000000 14a000 192000
>
> Once I boot the system, jffs2 is mounted as rootfs but
> then I continuously get the "Node header CRC failed"
> messages and then finally kernel panic with no init
> found.
>
> I'm using mkfs.jffs2 to create an image like,
> mkfs.jffs2 -p -l -e 0x2100 -s 0x210 -n -d
> /home/me/rootdir -o jffs2.img

Remove -s 0x210 is wrong. If you put the sector size
to 0x210 you have same tricky problem of the garbage
collector that during the live collect remove data,
because it thinks that is an hole.

> I am totally lost and cannot figure out the reason for
> the errors. I'd appericiate if anybody help to find
> out the reason.
>
> Following is the ouput LOG.
Clean all the dataflash before, or padding the size with 0xff
If using an u-boot system add the command for erasing dataflash.

Regards Michael