Minor Error in UBIFS FAQ

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Dec 10 06:01:22 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 09:07 -0800, Philip Rakity wrote:
> Could not find FAQ to generate patch.  Did we mean UBIFS images (see below)
>
> How to create an UBIFS image?
> Creating UBIFS images might be a little trickier than creating JFFS2 images.
> First of all, you have to understand that UBIFS works on top of UBI which works
> on top or MTD which basically represents your raw flash. This means, that if
> you need to create an image which would be flashed to the raw flash, you should
> first create an UBIFS image, than UBI image. In other words, the process has 2
> steps.
> However, as described here,
> UBI has a volume update facility and there is an ubiupdatevol utility
> for this. So you may update UBI volumes on your running system as well.
> In this case you only need an UBIFS image, and you do not have to make the
> UBI image, i.e., the process has only 1 step in this case.
> So, there are 2 utilities:
> 	* mkfs.ubifs which creates UBIFS images;
> 	* ubinize which creates UBI images out of UBI images.  <==== ERROR  out of UBIFS images

The MTD web site is available here:
git://git.infradead.org/mtd-www.git
or
http://git.infradead.org/mtd-www.git

I've just fix the typo you have pointed out:
http://git.infradead.org/mtd-www.git?a=commit;h=39df2684657ab982c96d769d761cbb84e23ece80

Thank you for this notice, typo and "bad English" fixes are appreciated.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)