A suspected bug in JFFS2.

홍신 shin hong hongshin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 03:11:04 EST 2008

Dear JFFS2 maintainer,

Hi. I found a suspected bug while I am reading JFFS2 Linux file system code.

For jffs2_compress() function in compr.c,

I think it necessary to increase this->usecount(its type is
jffs2_compressor) before every temporary releasing of
jffs2_compressor_list_lock.

For example, at compr.c line 131 (linux-2.6.27.6),
jffs2_compressor_list_lock is temporary released and then re-acquired.

Is this function may result data race with jffs2_unregister_compressor
since there is no usecount increasing for line 131?

Please check the function and let me know your opinion. Thanks.

Sincerely

Shin Hong

hongshin at gmail.com
M.S. candidate
Computer Science Div., EECS Dept.,
Korea Advanced Institute of Sci. and Tech.,
Republic of Korea