[RFC] Add support for MTD in parted/partman

Per Andersson avtobiff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 18:07:58 EDT 2008

Dear linux-mtd,

I have just finished my Google Summer of Code project
called Debian NAS. Read more about the project in
[0] and [1].

Currently parted, and partman, cannot partition MTD flash.
I would like to introduce this functionality.

I got confused by code found in the setup of the Kurobox
Pro in the kernel, the "partitions" on flash were hard coded
into the source.

So, I wonder, what is the way to go with adding support for
partitioning MTD flash? (I have read the JFFS2 article and
skimmed the UBI and UBIFS articles.)

Best regards,
Per

[0] http://oshw.org/usr/avtobiff/gsoc/08/debiannas