Is there possible to integrate mtd ubi ubifs latest version in one git tree?

Nancy nancydreaming at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 08:04:37 EDT 2008

>  > I'm looking forward to the new tools come out :-)
>  >
>  > > I suspect you have MLC NAND, do you? Could you please tell how many
>  > > erase-cycles the eraseblock may survive on your flash.
>  > Yes, MLC Nand,  Samsung K9G8G08U0M , 10K program/erase cycles(with
>  > 4bit/512byte ECC).
>
>  Then first of all you cannot use the default 4096 UBI WL threshold. Make
>  it 256 for example. 4K is almost lifetime of your eraseblock!
       Why 4K is almost lifetime of my eraseblock? the specs says 10K,
how you result that number 4?
       How to set the WL threshold? any equation?
       When eraseblock counter exceed 2*WL threshold, it will be less
used, move its data to seldom used eraseblock?
       Why WL can't just simply pick up the min used PEB to be the
next block to use?

--
Best wishes,
Nancy