2.6.24.4: problem accessing nand based cramfs

mtddev at sc-software.com mtddev at sc-software.com
Mon Apr 14 11:22:14 EDT 2008

kernel 2.6.24.4
I have an SMC card w a cramfs rootfs on it.
I'm trying to replace an fs driver I wrote on 2.5.13 for the same SMC.
I thought I could do it more cleanly and easily now...
I've defined a plaform driver and, correctly or
incorrectly hooked the nand code that calls nand_scan, so as to call my
probe code to do my partition mapping.

The cramfs maps to mtdblock3.  mtdblock_open is called as is
cramfs_fill_super and cramfs_read.

However, no data is returned and no attempt is made to access the nand SMC
afaics.

What do I need to add to get this nand based cramfs booted ?

Thnx v much
johnh

.
John Heil
South Coast Software
Custom firmware, device drivers and board bring up services
Ph: 1-714-774-6952
Fx: 1-714-774-7053
www.sc-software.com
email: johnhscs at sc-software.com