Clobbered file after jffs2 mount

Jon Ringle JRingle at vertical.com
Tue Sep 25 11:57:58 EDT 2007

On Friday, September 21, 2007 21:51, David Woodhouse wrote:
> It's going to be something scribbling on the RAM pages after the file
is
> read from the file system. Be thankful it looks fairly repeatable. Can
> you put a hardware watchpoint on the offending page in the page cache,
> after it's read? And can you disable _everything_ in the system which
> uses DMA, one at a time?

I was able to disable everything else that had external hardware access
to flash and the IXP's memory and the problem still appeared. I have now
been able to determine that the fault lies with some memory scribbling
done by one of our own kernel modules.

There is no need to further bother this mailing list with this issue.

Thanks David and Brian for your input in this problem :)

Jon