MTD driver for MLC NAND chips

z l zql at glomationinc.com
Tue Oct 23 14:28:11 EDT 2007

--- Sudeep K N <sudeepholla.maillist at gmail.com> wrote:

> No special changes are required for MLC chip.
> It works fines as it is.
> Just make sure that the chip is getting detected
> as large page nand chip as the BI is at different
> offset in spare area compared to small page chip.

I posted some additional information but some how did
not got through.  I'm posting it here again.

The MTD driver would work without any problem, at
least what I can see, when the MTD driver is compiled
with debug turned on.  The level of debug output
doesn't matter as long as the debug is turned on.  As
soon as I turn off the MTD debug, the kernel would
crash.

attached is the log message.

zl