address lines

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Nov 3 08:13:01 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 13:07 +0100, M8 (Servaes Joordens) wrote:
> cfi_cmdset_001.c: cfi_intelext_point
> cfi_cmdset_001.c: do_point_onechip
> cfi_cmdset_001.c: get_chip
> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00000000:0x890a instead
>
> I expected that prior to error-report a read or write action to the
> flash is done. In that case I should have seen an printk saying
> physmap.c:bank_switching_map_read or
> physmap.c:bank_switching_map_write.

Hm, yes. The 'point' method bypasses the normal access functions, on the
assumption that the entire device is actually directly mappable.

The sbc_gxx driver to which I referred you sets map->phys = NO_XIP;

Did you?

I don't understand why you're messing with physmap.c when that isn't the
one I told you to use as a template.

--
dwmw2