BBT structure for NAND flash:updated

Meher mail2meher at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:07:09 EDT 2007

Hi,
  I havent received any reply so I am assuming either the information
I provided did not make sense or I asked a asking that does not belong
in thsi mailing list :( but I am providing some more info here so that
some one can atleast point em to the right list for this:

 I am still looking at what is the format of the bad block table that
is created by the MTD NAND layer when the nand_scan_bbt is called. If
I select something like 2 bits per block then will the table be
something like
|   block num  |  block type  ||   block num  |  block type  |
| 16-bits         |   2 bits        || 16-bits         |   2 bits        |

where first 2 bytes represent block num and 2 bits of next 1/2 bytes
will be block type(good, bad, factory bad)?? I am not able to
visualize this structure from the nand_scan_bbt code.. If I can know
how this structure looks like then I can search for this and load it
so that my bootloader is in sync with the bad blocks developed during
updating process..

--
Regards,
Meher