[PATH] NAND Flash support for Intel IXP4xx platform

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at plexity.net
Wed May 2 12:03:59 EDT 2007

On Apr 30 2007, at 11:36, Ruslan V. Sushko was caught saying:
> Thomas,
>
> I have tried to fit driver's functionality into common platform
> structures. Unfortunately the device hasn't NAND controller and some
> signals (ALE/CLE(pins on data bus) and CS(gpio)) are driven in custom
> way. Current platform structures have not enough fields to carry
> platform dependent data for this driver without hack (I guess use fields
> not used in driver but designed for other things is not good idea).
> Additionally due to device haven't NAND controller future version of
> board may change the way which is used to drive CS signal, So I move
> this functionality completely to hardware dependent part of driver (sent
> to LAKML)

Can't that extra functionality be stuffed into a structure that you
point to via the priv member of platform_nand_chip?

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - dsaxena at plexity.net - http://www.plexity.net

In the end, they will not say, "those were dark times,"  they will ask
"why were their poets silent?" - Bertolt Brecht