how can I use MTD partition with large size ( >= 4G bytes)?

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Sat Mar 17 09:20:53 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 07:42 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > I've tried to modify the data type of mtd->size to usinged long long, but
> > kernel can not be compiled successfully£¬Is there any solution for this?
>
> Not at the moment.  MTD doesn't support things greater than 4GiB.
Yeah.

We should re-work whole MTD and make it use (eraseblock number):(offset
withing eraseblock) addresses, instead of absolute offsets. This implies
changing interfaces. For the in-kernel ones it is not a problem. For the
userspace ones it is. I guess we should just invent new userspace API,
while preserving the old one. This is a great opportunity to dispose of
ancient junk at once.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)