Does mtd support two-plane page program for nand flash?

Marteo Tim tim.marteo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 00:49:45 EDT 2007

MLC NAND Flash has already become the mainstream flash for
large-capacity on the market. But due to its low writting speed, there
will be introduced more parallel writting features such as multi-bank,
interleave, etc. So I think it is very necessary to modify MTD
structure to support multi-plane & interleave feature for speed
issure.

It is a good method to shield the details of flash type by composing
two or more page as a large page. Although it will be more slower for
small segment data read/write. But for large-capacity flash,
continuate writting speed maybe is more concerned.

Regards,
marteo