newbie needs help getting onenand to work...

Nishanth Menon menon.nishanth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 22:02:52 EDT 2007

Mathew Chasan stated on 6/7/2007 3:58 PM:
> Basically i have yet to get anywhere.  I've enabled the MTD and
> OneNand drivers in the kernel  but thats about it.  Interestingly, i
> don't see any sort of indication that the OneNand drivers are even
> getting initialized in any way during kernel boot.

try the board files.. something like this was done in omap

http://source.mvista.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-omap-2.6.git;a=blob;h=1e8492a055acfca974eac62a2bd54628b08ece9e;hb=e0e0c1591b129da1246eaa51b91f040f6dfb2a2e;f=arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-2430sdp-flash.c

the memory map method might be different.. u'd need to do what is
required for freescale.
Regards,
Nishanth Menon