JFFS2 deadlock with alloc_sem

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jul 30 08:45:08 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 12:38 -0500, Dave Kleikamp wrote:
> I could only speculate, since I really don't know the code.  I suspect
> the writer of the comment had some other deadlock scenario in mind and
> didn't foresee the one that was encountered.

I'm still confused because we deliberately ensure the page is up to date
in prepare_write -- so read_cache_page() should never have to lock it,
and we should never deadlock.

Or did I miss something in your analysis (or elsewhere)?

Why is read_cache_page() ever trying to lock this page in the first
place? It should be up to date.

--
dwmw2