Issues with flashcp

benszau at googlemail.com benszau at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 30 07:38:21 EDT 2007

In general flashing works well, but I have issues when flashing certain
images. This problem is reproduceable:

    * The target is a MPC5200-tiny board with 16MB of Intel Strata Flash
      connected to a PPC processor.
    * First I flash a large image via bootloader (u-Boot).
    * Then I can boot the system.
    * After system has booted, i transfer a smaller, second image to the
      target /tmp folder via SCP.
    * "flashcp /tmp/<image_small.img>" /dev/mtd2 -v
    * The progess suggests, that everything went well, but when I reboot
      i get inode errors like the following:
      JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "tc" (ino
      #473) of dir ino #334 appears to be a hard link
      VFS: Mounted root (jffs2 filesystem).
      Freeing unused kernel memory: 92k init
      JFFS2 error: (160) jffs2_do_read_inode_internal: Argh. Special
      inode #467 with mode 0xa1ff had more than one node
      Returned error for crccheck of ino #467. Expect badness...
    * Now i am curious what went wrong. The small image works well if i
      flash using the bootloader, so it should not be an issue with the
      image itself. May it be possible that i have found a bug? Any help
      is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Simon