What is ANAND header?

Seongsu Lee senux at senux.com
Wed Jan 24 00:47:31 EST 2007

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 06:07:00PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 15:36 +0900, Seongsu Lee wrote:
> > I want to use NFTL to mount the flash memory by FAT filesystem.
> >
> > But NFTL does not work for me. I found that MTD failed to
> > find boot record in nftlmount.c source.
>
> NFTL is only for M-Systems DiskOnChip devices. It can not be used on
> bare NAND chips.

Ok, I see.

Then, is there any sub module, like NFTL, that serves as
translation layer on NAND flash memory?

How can I mount 'conventional filesystem' such as FAT, EXT{2,3}
on NAND flash memory instead of mouting on mtdblock because of
its poor functionality. (no wear-leveling)

What I want to do in a final is to mount FAT filesystem on bare
NAND flash memories without performance degradation.

Thank you very much in advance.

--
Seongsu's blog - http://www.senux.com/
LILO, you've got me on my knees! (from David Black,